Wild West Day 10


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff National Park
July 16th 2018
Published: July 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

So, since you know us you won’t be surprised that we did a hike to a second tea house! Food does motivate us😊. Today, we woke early again and hiked Lake Louise to the Plain of Six Glaciers tea house. We were able to get a table and had a proper “tea”. I had tea and biscuits, others had cake and cold drinks. It is amazing that these tea houses were built and are operated in such remote locations. We found out employees work 5 days on, 2 days off. They have one helicopter supply drop a season, then all other supplies are brought in by horse or foot.

Then we wanted to reward Maggie for doing two hikes in two days (we had planned every other day), and did what she wanted-Radium Hot Springs! This was in Kooteney National Park in British Columbia. It took us 90 minutes to get there. The hot springs were nice. It was a cement swimming pool with natural hot spring water. Max and Maggie spent some time in the “cold” pool as well -a regular swimming pool. It was a hot day with limited shade, and we didn’t stay long. After we swam and showered, Rick found out there was a hot spring in Banff!! Ugh. Then we went to dinner in the town of Radium Hot Springs and drove back to camp.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb