Banff & Lake Louise


Advertisement
Published: May 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are very lucky to be staying in the Fairmont Banff Springs a castle of a hotel built in the middle of the Banff National Park. I will try to take some photos from around the hotel in a separate blog. Banff itself is very Swiss looking and is buzzing with tourists, heaps of AUSTRALIANS in fact the only other Kiwi couple in our group is the photo in my previous blog of Brenda and Neil from Hamilton.

We went on a Sightseeing tour of Banff and the surrounding area, later joinging our optional activity the Gondola Ride up Sulphur Mountain which is 2,281m above sea level. There was an great view of the Canadian Rodky Mountains. There had been a 3ft snow fall only the 1 week previously so there was a lot of snow on the ground.

On Sunday 18th May we travelled to Lake Louise, another beautiful hotel in an amazing setting, Lake Louise is a brilliant emerald green usually, but for us it was still frozen over. Still an amazing sight we witnessed a couple of mini avalanches, and Barry is certain he saw a bear on the track when he went for his run on Monday morning. I will try to add the picture.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



25th May 2008

wow
Hey, just started reading your blogs and the pictures look wicked!!! love the one looking down a street with a massive mountain in the background!! looks amazing

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb