Bermuda Days


Advertisement
Bermuda's flag
North America » Bermuda
June 27th 2015
Published: June 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday was a day of R&R. We lazed about, read, gambled, napped...did all those things that make a cruise special. Wednesday we docked about 7:00am and by nine the ship was virtually empty. We ate breakfast in the dinning room and the food was uniformly good. After lunch we boarded a catamaran for a snorkel cruise and although the fish sightings were meager, just being in the warm Bermuda water was a treat. I did spot my first scorpion fish.



Wednesday we had the pool to ourselves, literally and it was wonderful. Anita and I went for massages and then read.



Thursday we took the Rhode Island Fast Ferry to St. George. The sun was warm but the breeze refreshing and the island is so pretty from the water. We got back in time for lunch and the sniffles that Joe woke up with has turned into a full blown head cold. I feel so bad for him. He has even decided to skip dinner tonight.



The fearsome threesome had our pre dinner cocktail at the Martini Ice Bar. This has become part of the dinner routine. The bartenders here are friendly and efficient. One can even pour five different Martina's into fine glasses at the same time. Pretty nifty.



Enjoyed my escargot and a surprisingly delicious Caribbean lobster. Took dinner back to the cabin for Joe but he wasn't interested. Tomorrow will be our last day.



We sailed away at 4:30pm and will race back to New Jersey in time to disembark Sunday starting at 7:00 am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb