Antalya


Advertisement
Middle East
April 9th 2010
Published: April 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Antalya was, well, Antalya. Did not see much of it, arrived early evening and left the next morning to Adana. Finding a hotel was interesting. A friend had suggested some areas to look for a hotel, but the GPS got all the one way streets the wrong way around. Joy! Reminded me of this old computer game, Colossal Cave, when you are ın the cave: "You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike"
Fun fun fun! Not too bad actually, I found the wonderfull Horse Hotel (OK, ıt's actually Otel Orsa, but I fıgured they couldn't fınd the 'h's). Cheap, clean, nice.
Walked around a bit ın the evening to find some food. Saw a couple of bikers pulling high speed wheelies down the main street. The police dıd not seem to mind, as they were having a drink ın the cafe that was apparently the biker's hangout :-)
Speaking of which, I've changed my opinion of Turkish drivers: they are all &+%/++?()%+)/( loonies. Send the Dutch police to Turkey for a holiday, they would have a great time here, easy pickings.
Almost being killed by a cager who dıd not see me waiting patiently at a traffic light (a loud squeel of brakes, then the guy thunders past narrowly missing me at 75+ kph through a red light) does not help either ;-)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.042s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb