A Life-Changing Experience at the Top of the Burj Khalifa


Advertisement
Published: March 9th 2020
Edit Blog Post

For those looking for a world-class experience in luxury, Dubai has firmly cemented itself as one of the best locations in the world. A city of opulence, the artificial city of Dubai is home to some of the greatest engineering achievements in human history. Despite this stiff competition, none of these other projects can literally or metaphorically measure up to the grandeur which is the Burj Khalifa, the current tallest building in the world, conceived and designed by Adrian Smith of Skidmore.

A Titan Rises




Envisioned as the centrepiece of a mixed-use housing and business development district in the late 90s and early 2000s, the original plans for the Burj Khalifa would shift heavily over their lifespan. The original design of the building, while tall, was reported to reach the 560 meters mark. Following further planning an investment, this plan was extended, to where the idea became not just to create something great, but achieve a feat unmatchedwith an end height of 828.8 meters.

Constructed over five years, from January 2004 to October 2009, the Burj Khalifa soon solidified itself as lightning-rod for international attention on the city. Illustrative of Dubai’s potential, the building became a rallying point, a role which it maintains to this day. In fact, it also holds the official Guinness World Record for the tallest building in the world.

Inside the Burj Khalifa




Within the Burj Khalifa are a vast number of different businesses and residential apartments, including the world’s only Armani hotel. Of the 163 total floors, 84 are reserved for residents, 31 for corporate suites, and the rest are split between restaurants, entertainment uses, mechanical levels, hotel rooms and suites and observatory purposes.

Outside of the Burj Khalifa, the Dubai fountain works as a primary feature, as does the building’s proximity to major shopping centres and other downtown Dubai attractions. As Bayut covers, these nearby popular locations include the Dubai Mall, Dubai Opera, Dubai Aquarium and much more.

An Unmissable Experience




As a place to visit, the Burj Khalifa offers an experience utterly different than that offered by the natural world. Rather than appealing to our sense of nature, the Burj Khalifa almost stands in defiance of it. Dubai is what is called an artificial city, one which has only become possible by fighting against the harshness of the natural environment. The Burj Khalifa is the keystone of this effort, marking what humanity can accomplish even when starting from next to nothing.

From its observation deck, visitors can look out over mankind’s ingenuity and mastery of over whatever the world can throw at us. In this way, the building stands for more than our capacity for intelligence; it can also inspire hope. From such humble beginnings, the people of the city and the wisdom of the world came together. This is what we can do when we’re at our best, and revelations on this scale are difficult to achieve in an age of such hurry and bustle.

Whether just visiting and wanting to explore the views of Dubai or looking to make a home for much longer, nobody should miss out on experiencing the Burj Khalifa for themselves. For perspective on human cooperation, achievement and creativity, this is the among the best that the world has to offer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.382s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb