And we're off!


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
November 15th 2016
Published: November 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Arrived at Dubai after a 7 1/2 hour flight, having fallen asleep during Ghostbusters, watched Fear the walking dead and having eaten a fab meal. Despite a delay in taking off the Captain - who announed he was the best! was true to his word and got us there on time, good man.

I have now discovered the advatage of being fat and not so young, it means the security guards are not interested in rifling through your suitcases! My knickers clearly do not have the same appeal for them as the sylph like young women who were being selected, we were ignored and got out quick.

I had forgotten about the crazy taxi queuing and allocation system but soon remembered and some howwe ended up in a car and on our way.

We checked into the Ibis Al Riggha at about 1 in the morning, which was really only 8pm uk time but as we were totally spaced out we just crashed. Have to say this was the scruffiest room I have ever stayed in, in an Ibis.

Next morning, up and out and used the super efficient metro system to get to the financial stop for the biggest surprise. we were staying in the Rose Rayhaan and even had Rotana Club membership, which meant an executive lounge with free drinks, snacks and canapaes. never known such luxury! and believe you me we took full advantage of it all!

Our room was sumptuous, all fluffy robes and a fruit basketand had 2 walls of floor to ceiling windows, with a stunning view of the Burj Khalifa, looking down was a bit scary as we were on the 42nd floor!

We managed a trip to the Dubai Mall and a look at the BK but were still feeling all over the place so didn't stay long. After being unable to get on the first 2 metro trains we some how rammed ourselves into the 3rd and vowed never to use the metro during rush hour again - it was the worst i've experienced and that includes India!

Our final day in Dubai involved getting up for the complimentery breakfast, going back to bed and getting up again for the 2pm check out. We left our bags with the hotel and took the metro out to the Marina. it was all spotlessly clean, full of high rise sky scrappers and new buildings going up everywhere, the place oozed wealth and made me feel a little sick. we caught the water bus from one end to the other, watching the wealthy boss and order their slaves around, not lifting a finger themselves even when it would have been quicker and easier to do so.

Back at the hotel we got our complimentary car to the airport (it was rush hour!) and then took the metro back to the Ibis, went to Popeyes for tea and then bed.

Next stop Bangkok yaaaaaaay!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

LiftLift
Lift

How many buttons?!


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0755s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb