Dominic's Birthday


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
July 9th 2006
Published: January 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Happy Birthday Dom!!

On July 9th Dominic celebrated his 28th birthhday. Being in a new city, there were many different options for fun and exciting ways to celebrate, and I decided to make reservations for drinks at Dubai's most famous hotel, the Burj Al Arab.

When we arrived, we were escorted in to the lobby and directed to the elevators that would take us up to the top floor and the Sky Bar. The lobby itself holds a huge fish tank and as you ride the elscalator up to the main level, there are fish and sea creatures swimming next to you. The hotel is very 'bling' with bright colours and everything made of gold.

When we arrived at the Sky Bar, we were impressed with the view of the city below, but surprised with the chosen interior decor of 60's Discotech. It wouldn't have been my choice of colour scheme.

We had a few drinks and some bar snacks, but then left the hotel and headed to the pub to catch the end of the final match of the World Cup Soccer, Italy vs France. The drinks were much more affordable at the pub.

The
Lobby fish tankLobby fish tankLobby fish tank

Going up the escalator
following night Dom's house mates hosted a birthday party for him at their villa. The theme was 'Beach Party' and it was a great success.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

So much Gold!So much Gold!
So much Gold!

In the Hotel Lobby


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 55; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb