Deep in Dubai 4


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
November 9th 2015
Published: November 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 19

I had to go on visa run today it was a nightmare, me and my colleges had to drive to Oman and back and get out passport stamped coming back to you have an extra month everything went wrong we first went to wrong way to Oman passing the border so It must have just looked so weird driving back and forth through the borders it took about 5 hours altogether and must have driven through about 6 gates to reach Oman to only have to drive back through them all again. we had to drive through the dessert which was great there was even some mountains on the way so the trip was worth the drive.

Day 20

There's a new guy in the job new guy joined to group studied law clever knows a lot about Dubai and can speak Arabic so is very useful to have around we all went out and go Shisha in a hotel part of Dubai fireworks the lot good fun one of my colleges who has been here a while seems to have quite a strange opinion on Dubai she explained while living here she does tend to treat people like shit and almost like slaves saying how she would throw cloths on the floor and make her maid leave her bag outside because once she found a bed bug on her. She almost gave a gimps of the dark side of Dubai where wealth and power can make you become a prick.

day 30

I have moved into a new building with a guy from George, France , Australia/Indian and a UK guy they are all great guys all from different backgrounds its better here more confuting. I live in a place called the marina now I have a great view of the city I live high up on the 55th floor of this tower it includes a swimming pool gym and restaurant downstairs but the marina is a great place to be.





The next month

I've been here for a while now and its becoming very realistic to me this place is not a normal place i have to come to realize people get treated like slaves out here an almost us and them kind of thing some and the rich and the poor but its normal out here and people who have been here a while get used to it, people will click there fingers everyone wants to be powerful its the craving out here its not money its power its a good thing in retrospect even I admire it to a certain extent. You will find people scurry around after you "sorry sir, yes sir" an odd thing to experience when people talk to you like this. The more high up you are the more respect you get. And you have to earn it .Its a gimps into a realization to what if the world still had slaves everywhere would we still use them ,if no one told us it was wrong to do so.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb