Day 1


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
June 28th 2014
Published: July 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

28/6/2014 (Sat)

A sunny weekend.

The students who joined the 2014 English Study Tour gathered at school at 3:00pm and waited eagerly for the coach that would carry them to the airport. Most of the parents of the students came to say farewell to their children. All students carried excitement on their faces, while their parents kept nagging them to be a good boy / a good girl during the trip. And most important of all, to speak more in English.



The students were excited to find that they flew on an Emirates A380-800 Airbus. The Airbus A380 is a double-deck, wide-body, four-engine jet airliner. It is the world's largest passenger airliner and the maximum number of passengers it can carry is 535. Every passenger's seat is provided with a LCD monitor and multi-media controller that offers films, music and video games for entertainment according to each passenger's own choices. So even the flight from Hong Kong to London was a long and exhausting trip, however, there were no complaints from our students.







The plane took off at HK Int'l Airport at around 7:00pm in the evening and we, 14 students with 2 accompanying teachers and the tour leader, Sophie, started our UK Study Tour. Since it was not a direct flight, we had to stop over at Dubai, UAE for connection flight. When the plane landed at Dubai airport seven hours later, it was 10:30pm at local time, but in fact it was already mid-night of 29/6/2014 Hong Kong time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb