Day 2


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Bournemouth
June 29th 2014
Published: July 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

29/6/2014 (Sun)

After strolling around at Dubai Airport for more than 3 hours, we carried our exhausted bodies (we should be sleeping in Hong Kong at this hour) and boarded another plane at 3:30am and headed for London.

With another 6 hours' flight, the A380 Airbus finally landed at London Heathrow Airport at local time 8:30am. It took almost an hour for us to pass the immigration and the customs due to the large number of passengers on the arrival flight.

At exiting the airport, the tour guide spent almost 30 minutes to find the coach which would take us to Bournemouth. The weather of London was sunny but cool, with a temperature of about 13°C. The driver of the coach told us that the day's weather was excellent.

The drive from Heathrow Airport to Bournemouth was about 2 hours. We were arranged to be picked up at a spot at the outskirt of Bournemouth city so that it would be the most convenient point for the host families to pick up the students and the accompanying teachers.

Altogether 7 host families were matched for the 14 students. Two students stay with one family. Every student was given a phone card so that they can contact the teachers in case of emergency. Although it was the first time that the students met their host families, they did not show hesitation in greeting and talking with their hosts.



Since the day we arrived at Bournemouth was Sunday, there was no school or activities arranged for the students. The students were left with their host families for the rest of the day. Most of them went to sleep very early that night due to jet lag and some of them even missed their dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb