Day 2


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
October 11th 2013
Published: October 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Arrived at Dubai airport - unfortunately our friend Paddy did not, well, not until some time later. She forgot it was the start of Eid and traffic was bumper to bumper ("there was an accident and if Police are involved, well...."). Once again I am in awe of the size of Dubai airport, the ease with which we passed through immigration and the amount of space! Paddy she arrived just as we finished our coffees - her usual bubbly fun self - and we've laughed continuously since we have arrived. Into the white hummer and off to Paddy's apartment in Jumeirah Lakes Tower X1 to relax and catch-up (more Moët) until it was time to dress for our brunch at the Fairmont with Paddy's pals Nicci and Sandy. Not sure any written explanation could do justice to the size of the brunch, the ethnic food areas, the surroundings, or the drinks ("you can't drink in Dubai" - yeah, right) that were never ending and replaced before you finished them. Although the initial outlay was up there, we certainly got our monies worth. Mojitos, martinis and of course Moet! We've heard plenty 'after-match' stories, ie people being carried out, but most of our stories (and photos) will be best left private for fear of being arrested or de-friended by Paddy. Have to say, though, Paddy's imitation of Get Smart (ie shoe-phone, though her's were with four inch stilettos!) was a sight to see. Another birthday cake and singing. Off to McGettigan's Irish pub (drinking in Dubai?!?!), Paddy's shoes in hand - surprise! A very noisy subway trip 'home' - just as well the Marshall was not on board - and I was left thinking the locals (80% of the population are expats) were not amused with our antics and waiata. Thankful for good friends and fun times.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb