Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
November 4th 2011
Published: November 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Got on the lovely coach from Abu Dhabi to Dubai and before you knew it we were there. An amazing city with the worlds tallest this and the worlds biggest that just shows what happens when you think big!

We got here at 10am so far to early to check in so went to the Mall of Emirates for breakfast and a walk around the vast shopping malls. If I am 100% honest the biggest problem with globalisation is that all these shopping malls look the same! M and S, Debinhams, next etc we could have been in Liverpool one or the new Westfield well apart from it being 33oC!!

We went for a coffee in the Armani coffee place, johanna wanted some cake as well but at £7 a slice we gave it a miss!!

We then got into the nice hotel room right behind the mall of emirates, great location for getting around and new metro station makes it a breeze too.

We caught up on a little sleep and then it was off to the creek and a trip on the river, watching the sun set on the river was magical and the history of the city was great to listen too.

Once off we had a nice walk along the river through the markets selling the worst fake watches I have every seen! Then dinner on the river, the smells of the cooking and spices with the occassional fruit smell from the hubba bubbas was amazing and so was my Iranian mixed grill with the nicest bread I have ever tasted, straight out of the oven.

After our large dinner it was a short walk to the station to get the metro to the Dubai Mall to see the fountains which left Johanna speechless!!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb