Friday is the new Sunday


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
May 13th 2006
Published: May 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

here in Dubia friday is their Sunday , strange but it actually felt like a Sunday on the beach and out and about which confused us no end.
Spent the morning and afternoon on the beach, lazing around, having a dip in the pool, Paul hired a Boogie board for 1 hour. He looked so funny on it a bit like a fish on a bike, only joking.
As Dubia is famous for it's shopping we thought we had better go and have a look. We left the beach early had afternoon tea, tasty finger sandwiches, bruchetta with caviar and smoked salmon, date scones with clotted cream and Assam tea, very civilised.

Then off the the Mall. The Mall of the Emerates which also holds the Dubia Ski the indoor ski slope. It was so funny to see them all running around in their blue and red ski suits a bit like when you have to hire red and black bowling shoes, everyone looks the same. They have artificial fir trees trimmed with snow and they where all clambering around to have their photos taken by the trees. Kids sliding down what would be water tubes except full of snow and the slopes are quite daring too.

The Mall itself is huge, we stayed for 5 hours and missed bits out. Personallly I'm not mad on shopping and never go to the likes of the Trafford center but if shopping is your thing then come to Dubia.
Having said that I bought 2 handbags. They have a 59 Dirhams shop, a bit like our pound shops only they cost 10. Then there is the usual Harvey Nics, Next, Debenhams you name it it;s here.

We had a very good Turkish meal, the food courts are plenty and sitting in the restaurant food court was huge and looking up the ceiling was like a vaulted banqueting hall. Then back via our personal hotel bus.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb