Arrived....


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
May 10th 2006
Published: May 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

in Dubia, following an uneventful flight. In fact I was not entirely impressed with Emerates Airways at all. Spent the longest 7 hours in the smallest seat it was so small there was no room to put the arm of the seat up as seats where so close to each other. Food fine , wine horrible I poured mine back into the bottle and gave it back - Chardonnay uggh.

Time to have a sleep and as we where 11 rows from the front the light from the service area was shining into my eyes. I asked for an eye mask - they had none on board. I tried to slide down into the seat to avid light but they had a bulge- lumbar support and that pressed into my thoracic spine and became numb from waist down. Eventually got some sleep with blanket over my head.
Woke up after 5 hours of fitfull sleep and asked for a lemon tea to be told by the attendant "I'll have to get back to you on that one"

Dubia airport can be described as a palatial squat, absolutely out of this world but full of bodies sleeping all over the floor.

Transported to Hotel in top of range BMW, all leather and walnut interior very nice. As we booked into an excectutive room we had our own private check in lounge in which we have our breakfast and afternnon tea along with FREE ALCOHOL every evening from 6-8pm.

Will have a quick look around tonight to orientate ourselves.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb