Dubai Pictures


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
June 7th 2010
Published: June 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Photo 22Photo 22Photo 22

the ice rink in dubai mall
I'll make this short because it'll take me a while to upload the pictures i've taken recently.

We checked out the Burj Khalifa tower today - the tallest tower in the world. Its an absolutely spectacular structure - you can see it from just about anywhere in the city and you can see the tip of the tower from 95km away (they paid me to say that). No, but honestly, it is a sick piece of work. We went to the 140th floor in one non-stop elevator ride which was sirprisingly quick and painless - only popped my ears 2 or 3 times.

I have some pictures from the top which show how much undeveloped space there STILL remains in Dubai. WHen i say "Still" I don't even have a relativity point - so i guess its just I thought there wouldn't be as many empty dust squares in the city.

We also checked out Dubai mall which is advertised to be the largest shopping area in the world. In fact, if you can't buy it here you cannot buy it. There are 1200 stores in a 4 story complex - i've used the word insane a lot
Photo 23Photo 23Photo 23

outside of dubai mall at 2pm - absolutely deserted. Finally figured out why we never saw anyone...way to ohot - they all come at at around 6pm
before so let me underline it this time - 1200 is an INSANE number. One of those stores had the camera adapter.

In other places of this mall you could also find a full sized aquarium, a waterfall, an ice skating rink and a ton of places to sit for coffee but none to have a drink at =] We had time to burn after walking around for what seemed like an eternity so we decided to waste some by watching a movie. to do so we decided to watch Prince of Persia - which I am very sad to say achieved its objective with flying colours. The movie was absolute garbage - do not recommend. The best acting was actually done by the evil uncle, whom I ended up cheering for 10 minutes into the film.

Before heading back to the hotel we saw the water show outside the Burj Khalifa (Tower of Khalifa - Who is Khalifa? I have no idea but I feel that i should). Its very similar to the show infront of the Bellagio in vegas with the exception that the fountai nset-up is slightly different because, and i am guessing, unlike the bellagio fountains which were made primarily for viewing from the front and back, this area was made for viewing in a circle. As a result I think the bellagio show is better but Brian claims that the water shoots higher here. Oh - they also played 'time to say goodbye' and the water moved exactly the same way it would in vegas.

ok here are pix - i haven't commented on them all - because i have to go now. I've been at this for like 45 minutes.

Tomorrow the plan is to go on a desert safari. This means we will jump into an SUV and jump over sand dunes. I also aim to throw myself, or preferrably brian, off one - while recording it.

I will probably not check in until i get to South Africa. It is 12am now June 8 now and I depart from here in 26 hrs.






Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Dubai AirportDubai Airport
Dubai Airport

Notice: huge Airport and NO people. Its like an empty vegas airport. I've never had a shorter line through security to get into any country.
Photo 12Photo 12
Photo 12

this is #2 part of a pair of pictures. Note the construction yard off the the side that picture #1 does not show. This is always the case in Dubai no matter where you look.
Photo 7Photo 7
Photo 7

running shoes for like $15. I would have bought but this dept store did not have a show size > 45. I am 46/47.
Photo 14Photo 14
Photo 14

infront of the Burj Khalifa
Photo 8Photo 8
Photo 8

doesn't Odeon also make Sex Panther???
we hang all the timewe hang all the time
we hang all the time

...need to crop this.
Photo 9Photo 9
Photo 9

Taken from our rooftop pool. Tis was outbound flight 11:17 am. It was followed by flights 11:19, 11:21, 11:23...
Outside FLoor 140 Burj KhalifaOutside FLoor 140 Burj Khalifa
Outside FLoor 140 Burj Khalifa

Note - they let you OUTSIDE onto a ledge on floor 140. preeetty cool
Aquarium in Dubai MallAquarium in Dubai Mall
Aquarium in Dubai Mall

better than the one in boston IMO
Photo 11Photo 11
Photo 11

same as photo 12 but it does not show the construction site
Photo 18Photo 18
Photo 18

Dubai's Bellagio fountains - this lake is right infrot of the DUbai Mall and Burj Khalifa


7th June 2010

Dubai pictures
Nice pictures!! Wish I could be there ;)

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb