Some more pics from Dubai!


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
November 26th 2005
Published: May 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We're there!We're there!We're there!

only a 45 min drive from the city...
Ah the desert I LOVE! (please excuse the bad hair... I had to cut it because my 5 hour mini-bus adventure in Malawi included having my hair blowing in the wind the whole time... needless to say it was pretty damaged after that! and it was very windy when we took the pictures...).

Anyway enough about hair!! This trip was only 45 minutes from Dubai and Arun's friend Jake personally took us there. Unfortunatly we left a bit late (at least I had a chance to get over my hang-over from the night before...) and didn't have a chance to leave with any other jeeps... so we couldn't stay too long in the dunes. But it was amazing! The sand is naturally of a reddish color and with the sunset was just breathtaking!

Jake was a great driver though we did get stuck once... but it only added to the experience and I got to dig out sand from under the wheels! Once it started getting dark, we had to head out of the dunes and to the desert camp! Basically it's a tourist thing where they take you a short camel rides, serve you arabic coffee with dates, let you dress up, hold falcons, and then serve you tradionnal middle eastern food. At the end they had a belly-dancer come on stage but she wasn't too good... in all honesty she was too skinny and muscular and basically didn't have a belly and I'm not saying this out of female jealousy! Even Jake agreed...

I highly recommend one of these expeditions, as cheesy as they sort of are. Maybe it's my love for the desert... or maybe I'm just a sucker for cheese...




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

car ad?car ad?
car ad?

yeah just the hair that's a little funny :P
Seeing this makes life worth livingSeeing this makes life worth living
Seeing this makes life worth living

amazing... that's all I have to say...
Arun & JakeArun & Jake
Arun & Jake

Pretty kewl picture...and it's REAL
Camel ride...Camel ride...
Camel ride...

ok this may sound silly, but when this thing gets up... hold on tight!!!
Camel ride...Camel ride...
Camel ride...

off we go...
Camel ride...Camel ride...
Camel ride...

hehe yeah HOLD ON upon arrival as well...
At the desert campAt the desert camp
At the desert camp

soooo many jeeps... and they are ALL the same kind and color...
Desert camp dress-upDesert camp dress-up
Desert camp dress-up

now my turn... and some dude who clearly enjoyed his job and the proximity to the female body it procured...
Desert camp finaleDesert camp finale
Desert camp finale

A falcon... I was scared to death about holding the thing which irritated the guy who took care of it... Well at least I did it... falcons are pretty heavy... and intimidating!


Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0872s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb