Starting out in Dubai,Team Kenya


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
June 15th 2009
Published: June 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We are students of UAS and we are the nine students embarking on the trip of a lifetime. We are known as Team Kenya as we are travelling on June 20th to the country in Africa known as Kenya. We are a team of eight boys and one girl and our names are: Homam Zituni, Abdulla Moaswes, Aya Gadwat, Nader Al-Sayes, Abdel-Rahman Hassan, Fady El-Garawany, Alex Koch, Yassin Al-Shehabi, and Nawfawl Al-Barwani.We will be visiting several cities in Kenya (some of are Nairobi and Naruku) and trying to maintain ourselves in a foreign country on a budget like adults would. It will take strength and determination to pull this adventure off and nothing but pure persistence throughout the two week trip. We will first be climbing Mt.Kenya, the toughest mountain to climb in all of Africa, then for the largest amount of our time on our trip we will be helping children in a local school trying to help and revitialize the children and their education and we also will be donating our money towards helping feeding an orphange, and for the last day of our trip we will be in the world famous Masai mara game preserve exploring the animal life that Africa has to offer. As a team we have raised over 70,000 dirhams and as I have mentioned will be using it to help poor children in Kenya. I feel that after all the time that has passed that as a group we have truly accomplished what some people said was impossible. Even I had my doubts that we would even raise 30,000 dirhams but we managed to more than double the amount of money that we had intentionally planned to take with us to Kenya. We are all doing this for different and varying reasons but there is at least one reason we all have in common. That we all want the oppurtnity to see life from different points of view, make a difference in some needy children's lives, try to enjoy ourselves, and see what Africa is all about. Now that the trip is only a few days away I am thrilled to be going to a foreign country with friends and that we will be doing something that you maybe only get to do a few times in your life. Now as we shake the anticipation from our minds we now prepare ourselves to travel to Kenya.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb