Beijing Olympics 2008


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
August 16th 2008
Published: August 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

16th August



Well firstly our wake up call was late but we eventually got up. So we had to tell the driver to come later then originally planned. We went and had breakfast and then went to the driver. We were driven by Maanav in a lexus. He took us to Jameera beach which was really nice. The sea water was very clear and clean. He then showed us Jameera palms but the rest of it was restricted and you had to be a resident living there to go in. He then took us to a mall which was very expensive. However the area which it was in was really nice. This place was unreal. Part of this area was also private and you had to be a resident to see the rest.

We then went to emirattes mall. This was a huge shopping mall which had a ski park inside it. We went and looked around the mall.

We were picked up by another driver from the same company whose name was Ali. He was a lot more friendly then the previous driver.

He took us to the Gold Sook market which was the gold market in dubai. We looked around inside. Just before we actually we went in i was approached by a guy who wanted to me to buy a fake watch.
We saw modern gold jewelry.

We then came out and were again approached by fake watch man. He took us to his shop and showed us what he had. His name was Mamood, a really nice guy.

We then left and went back to the driver He then took us to Meena Bazaar. As soon as we got there we went to Dream Girls which was the shop to go to to get suits and etc made. So my sister bought a suit and got it made in 2 HOURS which normally takes 24 hours.

We then went to the internet cafe and started to talk the owner. His name was Crazy Chintu. He told us how he came to the UK or holiday but was sent to jail for 6 weeks. He was a character.

We left the internet cafe and looked at the shops outside. We went to the jewelers there and looked at what they had. We were then about to eat when we saw our driver but he had come early and we had to tell him to wait but did ask if he wanted to eat with us but he didn't want to. So we had dosa's which were huge and were really cheap.

We then went and collected sisters suit from Dream Girls.

We then went back to the hotel and got a picture with our driver and car.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb