Beijing Olympics 2008


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
August 15th 2008
Published: August 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

15th August 2008



We arrived in Dubai around 10:20 am. the airport was outstanding. We had a person from the hotel to pick us up, with a sign with our name on it. So we made our was to the hotel. The roads were really modern. We decided that we were going to go on the desert safari.

So were were picked up from our hotel by the desert safari driver, Iftikka. We then picked up 2 other people who were also in the car as it was for 6 people. It was a long drive but we stopped at a petrol station and bought ice cream. We finally got there but stopped at a meeting point for all the other cars. We took soon pictures and just waited. We then started the safari with the driver doing some crazy driving but not as crazy as the driver in front. It was such an amazing experience. One that must be experienced for yourself.

After this we stopped and went sand-boarding. This was so cool and funny as loads of people fell as well as myself.

After this we went to the camels. It cost 20 durhams for like a 2 second ride but if you haven't rode a camel before then you should just do it. I was the only one to do it out of us. This again was very cool.

After the camels we carried on with the crazy driving in the desert and got to our final destination. Here they had quad bikes which we went on. They then had starters and main meal which was very nice. During the time we were there we dressed up as arabs and we had mehndi (henna) done.

After dinner they had a belly dancer. Me and my dad both went up and danced.

We then went back to the hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb