Waterskiing


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
July 31st 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We had the pleasure of going out on a friends boat on Thursday. It was a public holiday (ascension of the prohphet) and we actually got a day off work. And even weirder they moved the day off to be on the Thursday so we would get a long weekend. They usually just cancel the holiday so we don't get anything.

But not this time. This time we got three days off in a row. Fantastic!

A friend of ours (Dave 2) has just bought himself a new toy boat - a lovely 23 foot speedboat. So we headed out on the water for a day of frivolity and fun. Dave 2 has waterskiis,a knee board and a donut, which is sooooooo much fun. My Dave tried water skiing a few times and we all had a huge giggle watching his legs go in different directions and then fall on his buttocks. I didn't try the waterskiing as I was a but concerened about my knees but I did have a go at the knee board. It's pretty jolly hard to get yourself up on the knee board. But quite fun once you are up and going.

But the very best thing is the donut. It is a two seater and we had soooo much fun with Dave2 driving the boat and us skimming out and about behind the boat. We were almost bounced out of the donut a few times and all the jiggling actually started to make my stomach feel a little quesy.

All in all it was a totally fantastic morning. It was far too hot though and there was no wind, great for skiing but rubbish for being comfortable on the boat. The water temperature must have been about 33 and the air temp about 45.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb