Mandara Spa


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
May 30th 2008
Published: May 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yay, Another Spa trip with the girls. It had been a while since the last trip, but the new body book had finally come out so it was time to rally the troops and attend another Spa extravaganza.

The testing team was a little different this time as the Hendersons were off enjoying africa, so we had Jessie, Sasch, Anita (another friend from work) and myself.

Mandara spa is part of the new Monarch Hotel located on No 1 Sheikh Zayed Road. It looks to be a lovely hotel. The foyer and everything about it looked just so grand.

The Spa iteself was lovely as well. We were offered cool peppermint scented towel and cool ginger tea when we arrived. We were then lead on a wee tour of the spa itself and were shown the sauna and steam room, the spa, the relaxation room etc.

We started off our treatments with a visit to the sauna, followed up with the steam room (one of the best that we have been into. The room was scented lightly) but had to quickly move on from there to the pool as we were getting rather warm at that point. The attendants in the spa were lovely, if a little to attentive sometimes. I think that they were a little worried about us, they may have thought that we were too bigger group that was going to cause trouble.

The treatments themselves were just lovely. Myself and Anita had a 1.5 hour massage. Just fabulous. They started off with a 20 minutes foot wash and rub in a bowl of rose filled petals. It sounds lovely but it was actually a little annoying. You had to site bolt upright in a chair for the 20 minutes which was actually a little uncomfortable. The massage however totally made up for it. It was most lovely. The only small downside was that they didn't spend long enough on the knots in my shoulders.

The other bad thing about this spa was the fact that the relaxation room was too small (only four beds) and was full when we wanted to use it before our treatment. And the layout of the room was rubbish so you couldn't sit and talk to your friends. They need a much bigger room.

But all in all, about a 9 out of 10.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

After the ritualAfter the ritual
After the ritual

Anita, Jessie and Chelle


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb