The Krystal Dinner Show


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
February 8th 2008
Published: February 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We went to the Krystal dinner show last night at Le Meridien, Mina Seyahi. The Krystal dinner show is held in a Speigel tent which is a traditional german tent (that I had never ever heard of before in my life). Apparently speigel tents used to travel around the different regions in Germany and would set up in a village for a month or so. The villagers would know that the tent was coming and would book all of their events, like weddings, in the tent for the month that it was here.

So anyway they found this tent being used as a chicken house in Poland (or something similar) and bought it and it now travels around the world putting on the dinner show.

The show itself was very interesting. Very very interesting. There were some parts that were really neat and some other parts that were totally cringe worthy! It was described to me as a cross between Moulin Rouge and Cirque Du Soleil and it really was. We had the rope climbing and twirling girl, who was really quite good. The other rope and trapeez climbing girl, who also sang at the same time who was also good. The horrific mimi the chef clown with his painful side kick (Vanessa?) who ended up on her back on a motorcycle twirling a table around on her feet (it really was a little odd). The truly weird asian guy who was dressed half as a women and half as a man and then sang a duet. The little asian girls all dressed in white who tippy toed on the white clothed asian boy. And many many more.

Needless to say we all had a rather great time taking the mickey out of the performers the entire night. And the best part was when Steve was pulled up by the mimeing clown to be a part of the show. We all had a jolly good giggle about that one. 😊 Sorry Steve.

The consensus at the end of the night was that while it was a good and interesting show it was something that we probably wouldn't go back to.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0949s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb