Man it's HOT!


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
October 21st 2005
Published: October 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at 5:15am local time. It's Friday which is their equivilent of Sunday, and it's Ramadan so NOTHING is open.

Customs is hilarious....no documents, just present your passport, tell them you are a tourist and they stamp you in. As for anything to declare? Don\t bother, the x-ray machine (yes, singular) was recycled from the war and about 5 guys wearing bed sheets just sat around telling jokes...I suppose though, not like they have a roaring agricultural industry here to ruin.

The city is 4km from the airport, and we got a free bus to our hotel. The currency thing is a bit hard to get used to. We just had a $42 breakfast, a couple of pieces of fruit, a croissant and a hash brown..oops! Ciggarettes are cheap, at duty free it was about $10US a carton, and you are allowed to import 4000 cigarettes! 20 cartons! Serious smokers.

The flight was awesome, I've watched loads of movies, listened to heaps of new albums and not even 1/4 of the way through their entertainment system....I love it!

Grant, if you get this, I forgot to tell you there are 3 surprises waiting for you in the freezer.

Anyway, we might try and get into our room now, it's about 35 deg and I\m dying for a shower. Then we might go to the mega mall across the road..if it's open!

Love to all, updates again soon.....

Advertisement



21st October 2005

Freezer...
Hey Julesy, I have to say I discovered the surprises last night..... YUM! (I hope they are the right surprises you are talking about - hahahaha) Lotsa luv GREER

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb