A tour of the City


Advertisement
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
November 21st 2007
Published: November 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Quote for the day: Every time we remember to say "thank you," we experience nothing less than heaven on earth." --Sarah Ban Breathnach Oh what a day! We toured the city of Dubai, visited the Dubai Museum, got pictures of the Jumeirah Mosque and, of course, the famous 5* hotel - Burj Al Arab hotel. Construction continues at a feverish pace in Dubai. As was the case last year, 75% of the larges... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Ahhhhh, finally......lunch!Ahhhhh, finally......lunch!
Ahhhhh, finally......lunch!

We stopped at the Mall of the Emirates for a short while this afternoon.......had lunch in the food court. I ordered a turkey sandwich at DQ; it was TERRIBLE! Had to console myself with an ice cream cone from Baskin-Robbins!
The tallest building in the world!The tallest building in the world!
The tallest building in the world!

Still under construction........
Inside the snow park (photo from last year)Inside the snow park (photo from last year)
Inside the snow park (photo from last year)

I didn't go inside this year, but thought you might enjoy a few photos
Inside the snow parkInside the snow park
Inside the snow park

Photo from last year, when Tom and I went tubing!



21st November 2007

Shopping, shopping
What wonderful sights and sounds you are experiencing. Memories that will surely last you a lifetime or, at least, until your next trip. I see my friend, Noel, is resting in front of a jewellery store, trying to make up his mind what to buy me for Christmas!
23rd November 2007

Thank You!!
Hi Pat - thanks so much for all of your work on this blog. It has become the highlight of my lunch. It may be bleak looking out of my office window but not on my monitor! Waiting with baited breath for entries on Africa - enjoy your hiatus from the keyboard!
24th November 2007

Envious
My husband and I spent 36 days in Dubai and everyone should experience it once in their lifetime. However, just seeing the pictures you sent brings back wonderful memories and a desire to visit again. We did take the water taxi --choas on the water--but a memorable experience.
25th November 2007

hello from Australia
Hello Happy Pat, Your blog continues to help us recapture the wonderful memories and feelings that we had on last year's tour. Dubai.........and Kenya.......we are so happy for you to be doing it all again! We are currently in the McLaren Vale area of Australia, in a log cabin overlooking the vineyard.....with a glass of red wine! Enjoy the rest of the tour.........we will keep watching for your blog, Kevin and Gail......on our "southern tour"!

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb