Finally Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
August 28th 2007
Published: October 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Lady LamondLady LamondLady Lamond

This is in one of the nightclubs
August 28, 2007
We arrived yesterday in Dubai at about 5:30 in the morning and were greeted with 38degree weather. Whew it was hot and humid. Neither Mark nor I could sleep on the plane which left Singapore at 12:30am. The plane originally left from Jakarta and they were spraying people who came from there. I have no idea with what or why, but it was strange. Mark and I had heard wonderful things about Emirates Air, and maybe we just had a bad plane but the Quantas flight was much better we thought. Anyways, we arrived at the hotel and were happy with our choice. We are staying at the Dubai Marine Resort and Spa. It is a very nice hotel, but then almost all the hotels in Dubai are really nice. It is amazing how much building is going on in Dubai and almost all the buildings are different. We upgraded our room to a suite which we are glad we did since it is two stories and very comfortable.
What I am probably going to say next with disappoint many, but we didn’t do a thing yesterday. We went to the suite, took showers and took a nap.
Our roomOur roomOur room

View from our second story of our suite
We then went to the beach for long enough to have a late lunch and two beers and then went back and slept. It was really pathetic but it was obvious that we need the rest since we both fell asleep around 5pm and didn’t wake up until 2am, then went back to sleep till 7 this morning. So the only thing we have seen is a Mosque that we passed walking to Starbucks while we waited for our room to be ready.
This morning we went for breakfast and then back to the room to rest some more. It is pathetic, but feels great to do nothing. I had a 90 minute massage and Mark went to the gym. (I am banning myself from the gym until Thursday.)
Mark and I decided to have lunch at a Mexican restaurant on the resort, Again, an excuse to stay close to the resort. We ended up spending the afternoon in the restaurant having drinks and talking to the waiters. We went home and got ready to go out and didn’t make it too far as there were 3 or 4 nightclubs on the resort.
So basically, we can’t tell you a
NighttimeNighttimeNighttime

Our resort at night
thing about Dubai, other than we would go back if we had the chance and it is super hot!!!!! The only part that bothered me was that although it is a very Westernized place, there were many times that Men would ignore me if I answered a question and ask the question again only looking at Mark. And our reservations were in my name with my credit card but when we arrived, it was all changed to Mark’s name. It was annoying. But other than that it was great. You could wear pretty much what you wanted to. There were women on the beach in thongs and then women on the beach in Burkas. Although we wish we weren’t so tired so we would be able to see more of Dubai, we are ready to get to England as I am anxious to see our “new” house and get settled.

October: I wrote this when we were there, but did not put it on the blog. I am so late in doing it, but I guess better late than never.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb