Spring rolls and a cold


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
August 25th 2007
Published: August 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Clarke QuayClarke QuayClarke Quay

A night hot spot in Singapore. They are proud to have the first Hooters in Asia here.
August 25th, 2007 Singapore2
Mom, Happy Birthday to You! We miss you and love you!!!
This morning we woke up and just lay in bed dreading having to leave the room. We had breakfast outside next to the pool and then wondered around the shops in the Raffles Arcade (just a name for a shopping mall). We then decided to go and relax in the room before we had to leave. We are wishing right now that we just paid the money and stayed another night at Raffles. It is worth every dime.
We checked out of the room and got in a taxi. We told him the Holiday Inn. He was very chatty and I could only understand a little of what he was saying. He told us about places where we could get tailored clothes and they would be ready the next day. He asked us if we wanted to go right then. We said no, we have to check into the hotel. He then pulled into a hotel, not the holiday inn. He told us that this hotel was a better deal. Umm, that’s wonderful but we already paid for the holiday inn. He kept telling us to go check out the hotel. It was getting annoying because we were paying him to go to the holiday inn and he went somewhere else. Finally, he agreed to take us to our hotel, but convenient for him he didn’t start the meter again or take money off. When we pulled up to the Holiday inn he told us to give the porter our luggage and then he would take us to shop so we could get a tailored outfit. Man, he wouldn’t let up on the outfit. Finally, we were able to check in and he left. It was nice of him to offer to take us around, but I now have Mark’s cold and we both just felt like doing nothing.
This is probably one of the nicer Holiday Inn’s we have stayed at, and the cheapest. Mark and I decided to take a tour on the Hop on Hop off buses. Krissy’s Aunt Terri used to live in Singapore and she was nice enough to give us some tips on where to go and what to see. Mark and I first walked to Chinatown and I had a lot of Spring rolls. They made me feel better.
China TownChina TownChina Town

Lots to see, smell, and buy here.
The tour took us around Singapore and we also walked quite a bit. We both really like the city and would like to come back and stay for more time. We were both full and not feeling great so we headed back to the hotel. Mark did Laundry, (where is our butler when we need her) and I took medicine and passed out but I was able to call my mom and wish her happy birthday before I passed out.

It is now the 26th of August, Mark and I are now getting ready to go out and explore a bit more. We have a 12:30am flight out of Singapore to Dubai stopping in Colombo. (I hope we don’t have to get off the plane there)
I think it is safe to say that we are both run down and could sleep for weeks right now. We are ready for Dubai, but also ready for home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Little IndiaLittle India
Little India

A lot of people here, and alot of curry
another view of Clarke quayanother view of Clarke quay
another view of Clarke quay

The river and the bumboats


26th August 2007

Sweet and Sour Singapore
What did you see on the hop on hop off tour? I bet there are a crazy amount of people in the streets. Hope you guys feel better soon. Dubai is going to be amazing!!!
29th August 2007

spring rolls
Oh I'm jealous....I LOVE spring rolls! So glad you are having a great time....I love reading about where and what you guys are up to on your trip :)

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0878s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb