Spanish Tapas and Sunken Wrecks


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
October 7th 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Egypt in DubaiEgypt in DubaiEgypt in Dubai

The pyraminds at Wafi City
On Thursday night Chelle and J joined up with their usual partners in crime to visit a Spanish Tapas bar at Wadi city. The weather has finally cooled down enough that it is pleasant to sit outside with the mercury only reaching a balmy 36 degrees. ( who would have ever thought in a million years that we would consider 36 degrees balmy and actually verging on cool).

Anyway this tapas bar was situated at the Wafi City complex as part of the Pyramids area. So Jeremy can now say that he has seen the pyramids 😊

We enjoyed a beautiful selection of tapas at the restaurant however the best part of the evening has to be playing with the cat that lurked around our table hoping for tidbits (needless to say that I couldn't resist).

Then on Friday morning Chelle went for a dive on the West of Dubai. It was out to a wreck called the Mariam Express. This was a roll on / roll off ferry that sunk about a year ago. The trip out to the dive site was pretty interesting as we were on a little speed boat and were going against the
Happy People!Happy People!Happy People!

Gloomy J, Rod and part of Jess
waves. It was pretty rough and Chelle was soaked by the time that they arrived at the dive site 45 minutes later.

One of the young guys on the trip actually got so seasick on the way out that he decided not to dive. After paying AED450 for the trip his dad was a little annoyed about that! The diving itself was pretty neat. The visibility wasn't the best, only about 5 metres, so that took a bit of getting used to again. However the wreck itself was most cool. The best part was having a look in one of the holds and seeing all the duvet covers, tea pots, tea cups, DVD machines and parts that were all just lying around. For a wreck that had only been down for about a year it also had a large amount of growth on it, which was fascinating.

After we came out from our second dive another one of the passengers on the boat was sea sick. All in all I think that some of the passengers really didn't have the best time on the dive trip. However Chelle had a lot of fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.651s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 64; dbt: 0.4635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb