Aqua Dunya


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
June 24th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I have found some more photos of what the project that I am working on is going to look like.

The entire development is driven around the focal point of the Desert Pearl ship hotel. This ship hotel is in fact a cruise ship, currently moored in the desert that was built at the start of the golden age of travel by a man named Rakaan.
Rakaan was a young Bedouin boy who dreamt of a life on the high seas. Though he was born and raised at his family’s oasis in the desert of Dubai, the sea tugged at his soul until he could resist no longer and one day he stowed away on a departing schooner. Rakaan was soon discovered on board the schooner, but instead of being punished was allowed to remain onboard, becoming a valuable member of the crew over the years. Rakaan was a natural seaman and a clever trader, who earned himself not only numerous promotions in rank, but a vast fortune as well.
Steam had all but replaced sail when he at last returned to his family, wearing the uniform of a ship’s captain and laden with rare treasures from the corners of the globe.
However Rakaan had still to achieve his true destiny as a visionary ahead of his time - building the biggest, fastest and most luxurious ship that had ever sailed the high seas. His family, enthralled by his many adventures, agreed to help build this ship so that they too could visit the exotic lands far beyond their coasts. At the family oasis, in the desert, they toiled to construct a fabulous ship, with a grand canal linking it to the sea.
The vessel has now finally been completed and Rakaan and his family invite you and your friends to join them as they travel in imperial luxury to the unspoiled paradises of Carribean Island, African Island and Polynesian Island on this, the maiden voyage of the Desert Pearl.

Arrival
From the approaching roadways the sight of the Desert Pearl, crown jewel of the Aqua Dunya Resort and Residential Community, stirs the imagination, as it towers over the sand dunes while sitting at anchor awaiting your arrival. Managed by the world renowned Jumeirah Group the magnificent ship offers the unrivalled luxury and indulgent service that is the trademark of their 5 star hotels.

Check In
The Cruise Terminal is the grand gateway to the Desert Pearl and is the point of embarkation for guest’s luxurious voyage to the most romantic destinations on earth. The Cruise Terminal is the anchor to the port facilities providing an easy point of access to the related Souk and Entry Port.


Aboard the Desert Pearl
The Desert Pearl’s grand staircase connects guests to the ship’s grand atrium to the opulent staterooms above. Richly furnished and equipped with every comfort and convenience the ship’s room and suites convey passengers in sumptuous luxury on their grand adventure. From the decks of the Desert Pearl, guests may gaze across a tranquil lagoon to the beckoning beaches of a tropical vacation paradise.


Entry Port and Souk
The home port of the Desert Pearl, this storybook Arabian seaport entices guests with its traditional Souk offering books, rare artefacts, souvenirs, water merchandise and memorabilia. When guests have finished browsing the shops, an adventure in fine dining awaits them in the Entry Port’s may quaint restaurants that are nestled along the shore of the lagoon. Blue ribbon chefs will be serving an international menu of culinary delights, inspired by the travels of Rakaan. Here guests can unwind on an open air terrace and enjoy the hourly entertainment features performed along the esplanade.
Dazzling starbursts of fireworks will explode high overhead, lighting up the night sky as the Desert Pearl prepares to embark on her maiden voyage. Guests will feel, as much as hear, the faint hum of the engines coming to life deep within the ship. Tendrils of smoke will curl from the ship’s funnels and the deep boom of the ship’s foghorn will signal the final ‘all aboard’ across the lagoon.


Outdoor Theme Park
The Desert Pearl will transport guests to the shores of a tropical playground on, not one, but three island. Each lush with greenery and ringed by pristine beaches, their white sands gently washed by sun warmed waters. These lands are for guests to explore at their leisure. They may wander through a picturesque Polynesian village, explore the mysterious African island of just lay back and bask on the beach of Calypso atoll, rumoured once to have been a haven for pirates.


Adventure Reef
This spectacular saltwater attraction will incorporate a coral reef where guests will encounter a colourful menagerie of exotic marine life. Whether guests swim, snorkel or scuba dive its pristine water, Adventure Reed is a once in a life time opportunity to come face to face with Nature’s wonders as never before. Guests will also be able enjoy shows featuring tropical birds and wildlife in an immersive and interactive environment unparalled within the region.


Vacation Apartments - MY PART OF THE PROJECT
For guests whose needs or tastes run to more home style accommodations, Aqua Dunya will offer Vacation Apartments equipped with self serve kitchens. These 5-star apartments will reflect the very best of timeshare accommodation available throughout the world today and will be fully managed to ensure guest comfort and satisfaction. Bordering the resort’s grand canal, their location directly adjacent to the Entry Port and Souk ensures easy access to all that Aqua Dunya has to offer.


Residential Apartments
An exclusive community of residential apartments will be artfully arrayed across beautifully landscaped grounds integrated within Aqua Dunya and with easy access to its amenities. Combining community facilities exclusive to residents, with access to major transportation routes, these luxurious apartments will offer a unique lifestyle to those who choose to live, as well as play, at Aqua Dunya





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb