Dhow Cruise


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
June 1st 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dhow CruiseDhow CruiseDhow Cruise

Glenn, Diana and Jeremy in front of the Dhow
We have had out first visitors. Glenn and Diana McCready paid us a visit from NZ (family relations) and we managed to show them a little bit of the town. After they arrived first thing on Thursday morning we convinced them to come out with us on a Dhow Cruise on the Dubai Creek. This was an evening dinner cruise with a buffet meal. We were seated outside and it was SO HOT!!!! Too hot to be comfortable actually. I had worn jeans in the expectation of sitting inside and I nearly died.

The food however was lovely, and the cruise itself was interesting. We had a better view from the top deck on the outside but the cruise itself might have been more enjoyable had we been in the air conditioned comfort below.

We met up with Glenn and Diana again on Friday night and this time took them out to the Jumeirah beach hotel (the hotel that is shaped like a breaking wave). We had a lovely meal in the Dhow and Anchor there and then went over to the madinat to induct them into the joys of sheesha. The Jumeirah Beach hotel is just beautiful. Such a stunning hotel and a lovely place to go for a meal. Because it is so big they have a free golf buggy service that will take you to the different parts of the hotel that you wish to visit. We tried to go and have a sheesha at the 360 bar, which is on an island out in the marina in front of the hotel. However it seemed to be a very trendy place and the music was just blaring out so loudly that we couldn't bare it and had to leave to go and find somewhere more quiet. I think we have all gotten old before our time!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

SheeshaSheesha
Sheesha

Jeremy enjoying another sheesha at the madinat
Burj Al ArabBurj Al Arab
Burj Al Arab

Evening view of the Burj from the madinat


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb