Day to Day Living & Shisha


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Emirates TowersEmirates TowersEmirates Towers

Drive to work
Well life continues on nicely. We took a little drive on the weekend and went up to Sharjah and Ajman for a look around. It was pretty interesting in Sharjah. Some of it looks exactly like Dubai, nice and green and all pretty, and other parts are really really rough around the edges. However thinking about it those parts look a lot like some areas around the gold souk etc.


Ajman was lovely. It has very pretty beaches and is nowhere as developed. One thing we did notice is that there is a complete absence of road signs in Sharjah pointing towards areas outside of sharjah. I guess if you go there you are meant to know where you are going.

I have taken a few photos of the drive into work. There is construction going around everywhere on the way in and one of my favourite views is that of the Emirates Towers.

Jeremy has left to go back to NZ for a few days before he starts work at PWC. I think he is mad as he is only going to be there for 3 days. Just enough time to give back his EY laptop
Emirates TowersEmirates TowersEmirates Towers

Emirates Towers
and say hi to all the family. He is under strict instructions to cuddle the cat a lot.


Before he left we had a lovely evening with Michelle from my work and her husband pete at the bar in the local hotel. It was here that we introduced them to the joys of Shisha. See the photos of Jeremy smoking away. Shisha is rather bad for you actually as it is packed full of tobacco and there is no filter. However it does taste a lot better. However I can't seem to touch it as it makes me naseous.

Then yesterday I had a meeting with Jumeirah to discuss the Aqua Dunya project and I was taken out to lunch at a lovely Jumeirah restaurant in the Mina a'Salam. It was a fantastic asian restaurant and the view really was to die for.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

ShishaShisha
Shisha

Jeremy and the Shisha Man
Happy ShishaHappy Shisha
Happy Shisha

The happy shisha smoker
LunchLunch
Lunch

Work lunch
View from lunchView from lunch
View from lunch

View from the restaurant
The BurjThe Burj
The Burj

View from the restaurant of the Burj


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb