The Story of Alice Muggerditchian


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey
February 5th 2014
Published: February 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Alice Muggerditchian is a survivor of the Armenian genocide in 1915. She saw cruel punishments that were given among her people. She told a memory from her past about Armenian men that were destroyed in the prisons. A reverend said if women brought in guns from their houses or, their husbands in imprisonment would be released from the Turks. Also, Mr. Henry, who were ahead of the colleges, told wives to buy guns from the stores if they don't have guns, so they can free their husbands. Therefore, a thousand guns were gather to conceive the government into believing that the Armenian were trying to rise against the Turks. However, they were not trying to rise against the Turks, the women were just trying to get their men out of jail for unjust reasons. Unfortunately, the men were not release, and they were murdered in the night, and they were buried in a grave outside of the city. Also, their wives were murdered after they turned in the guns. I would ask Alice how did she survive the Armenian genocide and how did she react to the false news of the Armenians trying to rise up against the Turks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Armenians' Guns GatheredArmenians' Guns Gathered
Armenians' Guns Gathered

The copious amount of guns that were gathered from the Armenian women to get their husband out of jail. It is shown in the video


Tot: 0.463s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1166s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb