Tree houses


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean » Olympos
March 16th 2006
Published: March 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After a recommendation from Andrea we went to Olympos to stay in tree houses! The hostel was very empty and the staff were bored and gave us a really good deal and some free beer. The tree houses were in the valley where the ruins of the town of ancient Olympos are. To get to the beach you have to walk through the ruins and along the river. Off to each side of the path and ruins of temples and houses overgrown by trees and bush - it is like something out of Indiana Jones! The beach itself is a massive sweeping pebble beach from which you can catch yachts to Fethiye. These only run in the summer and would be pretty crap since they stop at lots of beaches for swimming. We walked back to the hostel through lemon and orange orchards.

On the second night the hostel guys drove us up the valley to the site of the Chimaera or Eternal Flames. These flames are natural gas flames which were ignited during an earthquake during Greek times. They are pretty amazing and don't go out when it rains. We were followed by a pack of random dogs and found some Germans who were camping above the flames to talk to. The guy from the hostel Rami told us all about his travels in South East Asia. He wants to go to Africa next and had a thousand questions for me. After getting back to the hostel, the guys decided to kick off with a disco for five people! They ended up making us play a game which was a little more physical version of musical chairs. Was pretty funny and made for an amusing evening. It was a really nice place to stay and breakfast and dinner were included - which made a nice break from kebabs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb