Recovery from the lurgi


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean » Antalya
March 13th 2006
Published: March 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The nasty flu that we all got turned out to be pretty bad. Mel got some random antibiotics from a pharmacy and I got some decongestants. After a day neither of us were much better and Mel's cough got so bad she went to have a chest x-ray done at the hospital. The doctor said she had bronchitus and that the random antibiotics were completely wrong. Armed with new antibiotics Mel started to feel better after a day. After two days rest I felt better and stopped taking the random antibiotics!

Antalya itself is really nice! I randomly bumped into Jim the American from Istanbul on the way to the hostel. He was staying at the same place. We met up with Ash again as well as a random Kiwi girl called Andrea. The other people in the hostel were pretty odd - an old guy called Al, who lived in Alaska and comes to Turkey every year to escape the winter. Then there was Nick. Nick was very very camp bald English guy and sounded like Austin Powers with catch phrases like "cool...yeah, baby yeah". After avoiding the freaks we all went to the see Hadrians Gate which was one of the wonders of the ancient world. It is right in the middle of Antalya which was pretty odd. The rest of Antalya is tourist central with lots of shops and kebab shops. After a short walk along the tram line we went to the museum which had lots of statues from nearby ruins. It was very impressive, with some of the best Roman marbles in Turkey.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb