Farewell Kas


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean » Kas
May 29th 2010
Published: June 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

30 Degrees and some (!!) for our last few days in Kas so clearly the best place to be is by the pool relaxing and enjoying Villa Deniz!

What a hard life...

On day one I set up a chair on the corner of the balcony where every day started with a cup of coffee and breakfast. From here there was then likely to be a move to one of the deck chairs on the upper level to read for a while. Perhaps a dip before lunch then a move to one of the deck chairs on the lower level by the pool for direct access.

The sunset from the Villa was lovely to watch though, we also enjoyed trips into the town centre for some dinner and drinks at either one of the restaurants in the main square or our favorite, Bar Celona, where we watched the Eurovision song contest whilst waving our Turkish Flags for the Turkish entrant.

What a hard place to leave though I have continued my slow effort to feed all the cats and dogs of Kas. 'Lazy eye', 'Stumpy one eye', Blackie', 'Cutey' and all their friends will now have to
rely on some other kind (gullible!?) tourist to pass them a piece of chicken or a schmacko.

As Julie has mentioned, not much has been going on for us in Kas - just kicking back! The day would consist of making the most of the sun and pool and then a trip into town of an evening for dinner, a few drinks and to feed the 'locals'.

I did get my shave "Ala Turk!" and what an experience. Thus guy shed 3 weeks worth of growth in no time, followed this by burning the hairs on my ears and nose and then some kind of lemon scented 'skin acid' to finish it off - do you remember putting some medicated lotion onto an open wound as a kid?.....but this was lemon scented! Here's a video for the full experience (not me)...FYI - YouTube is banned in Turkey!

Anyway, goodbye Kas and hello Istanbul - a few hectic days I'm sure - more soon.





Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



1st June 2010

spa
I like spa very much,and this place is really continued my slow effort to feed all the cats and dogs of Kas.

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb