May 19th – Paradies


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean » Alanya
May 22nd 2015
Published: May 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

t was hot yesterday – 33 most of the afternoon & in the evening the breeze dropped so it was a hot night despite have all the roof lights open. Worth it though for the first view out of the door when we got up....

The showers were hot too which is more than we were expecting.

We went & sat on the beach & read then had a swim in the sea, our first this year. It was a bit cold; I must have been very emotional as I had two lumps in throat...We were watching the little fish in the shallows when a sea bass or a mackerel shot by & gobbled a few up.

We had a wander around an ancient monument in the afternoon which is right net door to the site – a magnificent castle ruin with a mosque in the middle the mosque dated back to 1300 taking 8 years to complete. Talking the other day, we couldn't believe that we had forgotten to buy a Turkey guide book (although I do have Jamie Oliver e cookery book on the hard drive) Hopefully we'll be able to buy one in Cyprus that's in English.

The owner here is obsessed with watering his palm trees & roses etc & uses a massive hose aswell as an automatic watering system; he planted some date palms on the fringes of the beach this morning. He has a young man who comes to help & who is gormless – a baclava short of a pudding. Another chap came to fix the ancient pump who is equally as gormless – he stood over a watering nozzle & turned the water on then jumped like a dervish as water shot up his nether regions...comical!



No more texts from the ferry company so hopefully tomorrow night we'll be sailing to Cyprus – it'll be a long day as the ferry is 11.55pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb