A different Beach!


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean » Alanya
February 14th 2013
Published: February 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Another glorious day in Alayna so we decided to take Woolly to the beach on the other side of the castle – Kleoprata Beach.

Woolly says – I’ve heard lots of good reports on this beach, it was slightly windier than the Keykubat side (no mountain to protect us from the wind) and to be fair that was the only difference, sat and chilled for a bit before Jo and Ian took me to the Damlatas Cave – WOW!

I think Woolly enjoyed this!

Woolly says – It was amazing, as we walked into the caves the temperature became very humid, wonderful for asthma and bad chests. I was greeted by the site of HUGE stalactites and stalagmites (Jo explained that tites go down, not sure why Ian laughed!), with subtle lighting I was able to see into the far depths of the caves the stalactites and mites are in all different shapes and sizes and apparently have been there for 15 thousand years! We went down the stairs that led into a very small cave (too small for Ian to get into) and the wonders continued, although it’s not a very large cave it is well worth a visit, I really enjoyed it.

The caves were discovered in 1948 by accident and for 4.50Tl each (approximately £1.60) they are well worth a look at. There is a small market at the entrance to the caves to entice tourists to buy postcards and local wares with Kleopatra Beach being only minutes away.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb