Time


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
November 10th 2008
Published: November 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

God, I've been here for over two months! Two months! How the time flies! it doesn't feel like two months--I think because the times have been so great. I can only excitedly await the 7ish remaining! The time that's passed really hit me just tonight when Uygar, Mustafa and I were working out the details of having some one replace Uygar once he leaves for his compulsory military service at the end of this month. I am rather excited--not because Uygar is going, which sucks, but because my friend Emma White might move in. She's a rather nice girl who goes to UNV Reno who I get along well with and who I've been meaning to hang out with more. This would be the perfect opportunity for her and I--especially her, since she lives in a cheap, but very strict apartment known as an abla evi, or "mother house," which is run by strict Muslim women who lock her out of the house if she stays out past 10:30 and don't even let boys inside the building. She is rather excited at the prospect of moving out. It sucks that Uygar has to go, but if he is going to it is exciting for Emma to move in. Oh yes, it's also exciting that I very well may take Uygar's room when he leaves, which is cool because it's so big it's like a dining room. In fact, it probably was the dining room back before college kids moved into this apartment. It is big enough to have two beds in it and still have more floor space than my current one. Sweeeeeeeeet! I will only take it if both Mustafa and Afşın choose not to move in--they have priority since they've been here way longer than I--but they both indicated they probably don't want to. But even if one does, I'll move into their room, which will be fun because I like changes! Either way, exciting.

Also exciting is the fact that I decided I am going to withdraw from my stupid economics class because I can without violating the minimum credit requirement for my exchange and scholarship. That will give me time to volunteer, play frisbee, and read Sartre's L'Etre et le Néant.

Also exciting is that I've been involved in a kind of awkward romantic/social situation that hasn't exactly been cool to write about in a forum as public as this. Okay well the awkwardness wasn't exciting, but it seems that situation's mostly working itself out, so I feel more comfortable talking about it now, and I guess I'll go back and de-invisiblize that one entry for posterity-slash-cutness' sake. In so many words, I guess there's a girl named Kendra--I like her a decent amount and I thiiiiink she likes me too. Sometimes it might make me make a face something like this --> :$! You'll prooobably hear more about her later--or, I should say, will continue hearing about her since she has made a number of appearances in this blog already.

Also exciting is the prospect of LAN, cuddle, dance, and even porno parties in my apartment in the foreseeable future. Sweeeet! Okay, that last one might need some explaining. But then again, it might just be more fun to leave what it entails up to your imagination. ;]

Also exciting is that Appreciating Jazz is doing its job. I might take the second half next semester, but probably not--I think I have the tools to explore and begin to appreciate the stuff that began after the 1950s. But seriously, do you realize how amazing of a musical force Duke Ellington was? Hot damn, he was like the Swing Era Timbaland--he just pursued his own amazing and uniqe artistic vision without regard for the trends and somehow had the audacity to turn it into consistent commercial success and artistic prestige. For his entire life! Check that ish out if you aren't down already!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb