The Kids Speak


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
September 18th 2008
Published: September 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bens Blog -

Hi we are writing the blog for the first time and on arrival we collected our bags and looked for a shuttle to our hotel and found a very confused taxi driver who took us around the old city wall a couple of times, he eventually got us here. Then we played in the pool (Julia was in the longest) and decided what we would do for the afternoon.

We braved another taxi to the oldest market which is just up the road from us, it is called the grand bazzar.
I went shopping for soccer shirts for me and my cousins, there was a huge range I tried some on.
They love meat and bread here so thats good.
We walked across the bridge over the river that seperates europe from Turkey which was fun.
I love bugging my sister on the hotel phones!
see ya for now

Julia's Blog -

Hi we have been busy looking at lots of different things here, including jewellery, clothes and souvenirs. At the Grand Bazzar ( the oldest biggest markets in the world Mum said) While Ben was looking for soccer shirts with Dad, Mum and I got a chance to look at hats and I really liked a pink von dutch one which was 15 lira. I bargained and we paid 10 lira which was good.

I like the chicken they do and am going for a swim soon.

bye JW


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



19th September 2008

so jealous!
great blog kids and the pictures tell all. Julia's cafe - -how great, you are famous even in Turkey! Yes, the grand Bazzar is amazing, so much stuff - that you don't need... well maybe a cool teset or the odd scarf can't go a miss! Are you lugging home a big carpet?! Hope you get to the Blue Mosque it's pretty amazing too. I'm sure Anzac Cove will be a highlight too...oh so much to see! Sun shining here, summer could be on its way. Well it's Friday night so off out for a wee wine. enjoy your tour. Love Shelley xxx
23rd September 2008

Hi travellers.
Glad it is all going so well,make the most of the warm days! Valda enjoying her holiday,Taupo then auckland Friday/Sunday. Gary home and doing well.We miss you but we are so pleased your having fun. See you soon .Love grandma and grandad.
23rd September 2008

We miss you guys !!
How much longer. Friday nights just aren't the same !@! COME BACK TO US !!! Love the hat Julia. Its fun reading your blog, it sounds as though you guys are having a magic time. Can't wait for the slide evening on your return. Keep safe xxxxx the Bowman whanau.

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb