Numbers and Banks


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Selçuk
September 15th 2010
Published: September 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday - today was a scary day. We got our tax numbers (this was very, very easy) and opened a bank account. That was scary. We didn't put a lot of money in it - that can be done later and in a less scary way from the UK. We are trying to arrange for stuff to be sent to us there which does seem possible though not entirely uncomplicated.

We had cay then wandered around a couple of areas. The cay was good, and in a nice garden with water and ducks. The owners seem to have adopted a crow which is no longer bothered by people. The funniest bit was when it ran up behind a lady and pecked the back of her ankle. There is a great deal of building work going on in town - some of very high quality. Up on the hill above 14 Mayis there are some fine new buildings with lovely views but no shops or other facilities. We need to ask about those tomorrow. The roads are not yet made.

There are also some possible projects. If we could get some kind of all in deal. These are also possible.

What is clear is that, when we are ready to buy there will be plenty of choice. Tomorrow I think we shall see some restorations and (I hope) some new builds from the inside. Whatever we chose, it is clear we will be living in a local community. There is no foreign enclave here.

I think we are beginning to understand the limits of my Turkish.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The viewThe view
The view

Many property purchasers would like a view of the Castle
Luxury flatsLuxury flats
Luxury flats

Block on top of the hill. No road yet.


Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0817s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb