June 28th Kusadasi


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Kusadasi
June 29th 2015
Published: June 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Had a really restless night; of course it had been a Saturday night & the music went on late into the night. There was a live band up the road – they started off very bluesy but then it became loud & a nuisance, mingling with something else in the town...

So, we had a lazy day – discussing what plan we had for Greece, checking cash funds in case of empty ATMs due to their situation & deciding when to cross the border. We have a rough plan which will no doubt firm up as more news breaks on he Beeb.

In the afternoon we wandered up the sea front with all the Turks a lot of whom come here for their Sunday from Izmir. We went into an arcade where we had to walk through a metal detector – odd we thought until we realised it was also the entrance / exit for passengers from the liners; no wonder the prices were sky high & every other shop a jewellers.

When we came back, a couple from Izmir came over from their caravan up the way wanting to have a look at Billy – she had just retired from the bank – export & import stuff - & had been to the UK to learn English, Chester & . Cathy showed the lady inside but I kept the chap talking outside, talking about engines & stuff – the reason being that he was the size of a house & would have had to squeeze himself in half to get through the door. The lady liked the drop down bed but Cathy didn't say that her husband alone would be too heavy for maximum permitted weight!



In the evening we had a pizza from the restaurant, went bed hoping that the music was either better or quieter...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.451s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.2487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb