Canyon Walks and Bar Crawls


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Kusadasi
November 8th 2008
Published: November 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After 8 weeks back in the U.K. the lure of some sunshine was just too great to ignore. As Stan and I now both work in schools and they were all about to close for half term we thought "why not"?

After trawling the internet for an evening we came up with a cheap late package deal to Kusadasi, Turkey. It didn't take us long to snap up the deal!

We were staying in a small hotel just a few minutes walk to the old town, although it was the end of the season there were still quite a few restaurants and bars open. The temperature tended to drop to about 15 degrees C at night but being tucked away in the town away from the sea front it was still pleasant enough to dine outdoors. Although, as the evening wore on we were glad to find the Orient Bar that was totally indoors and very welcoming. By the end of the week we had once again made new friends of both staff and fellow regular customers.

During the daytime we were pleased to find that the notoriously crowded "Ladies Beach", a short dolmus bus ride away, was very quiet and laid back. Gone were the lines of plastic sunbeds and instead nice white sand with the occasional couple or family dotted about. There's definitely advantages to travelling out of season. The temperature was a pleasant 25 -26 degrees C most days, although the sea temperature was what you might call 'refreshing'. Maybe we're just spoilt from our trips to S.E. Asia!!

We'd been here ten years ago and whilst on a day trip to Milli Park, we'd noticed a sign for a Canyon Walk that had intrigued me then but at the time, being July, it was far too hot to contemplate anything so strenuous! Now was the perfect time to do it, so one day we hopped onto a dolmus bus and 40 minutes later found ourselves at the start of the walk. The path was quite dramatic weaving across the peninsular through high cliffs on either side. We didn't actually make the whole 15 kms, just 6 kms to be honest, but it was enjoyable.
For some silly reason we also wanted to try and snorkel from the beach there as it was stoney and therefore possibly something worth seeing swimming around. Wrong! The water went deep instantly so freezing cold and there wasn't anything to see anyway. Still, it gave Stan chance to try out his new mask and snorkel, mine ,however, never even saw the light of day that particular day!!

Well ,we're now back home and ready to face the coming winter months (we are trying honest!)

How long is it to our next break??!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Stan Trying Out his New Mask and SnorkelStan Trying Out his New Mask and Snorkel
Stan Trying Out his New Mask and Snorkel

He didn't stay in long it was very cold in the sea here!
Looking Down onto the First Beach of Milli ParkLooking Down onto the First Beach of Milli Park
Looking Down onto the First Beach of Milli Park

Desserted now the summer crowds have left.
Band Parade Along the Seafront.Band Parade Along the Seafront.
Band Parade Along the Seafront.

We never did find out what the occasion was
Ladies Beach Near Kusudasi.Ladies Beach Near Kusudasi.
Ladies Beach Near Kusudasi.

A completly different place now all the crowds have gone home!


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb