Day 113: Acient Ephesus


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Ephesus
August 19th 2011
Published: August 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast we drove to the ancient city of Ephesus which is one of the ancient wonders of the world. On the way we stopped at the house of the Virgin Mary. Outside there was a wishing wall where there were thousands of wishes written on scraps of paper and tied to the wall. Once we got to Ephesus we walked around for about an hour and a half looking at the ruins. We saw the Celcus Library, which was once the 3rd biggest library in the world. We had buffet lunch afterwards, then went to a leather jacket outlet store where they put on a fashion show for us which was totally hilarious but really entertaining. The store didn't really have outlet prices though, most of the jackets were nearly 1000 euro! In the afternoon we went to the Temple of Artemis, which is really just one pillar remaining out of what used to be a massive temple.

After the temple we headed back to Kusadasi and the 5 girls on the tour, plus our guide, went and had a girly afternoon and got much needed manicures and pedicures for a really cheap price. Then we went out for a group dinner to a place which made really nice savoury crepes.

NB: Just FYI - Elle is emailing me through the bligs and I am publishing them on my computer but she has no way of sending me the pics so when she arrives here she will give them to me and we'll upload them to each day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb