Turkey – Dalyan & Marmaris!


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Dalyan
August 10th 2012
Published: October 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we didn’t get a sleep in but it was ok cos we were all looking forward to heading to Dalyan to the mud baths and turtle beach. Breakie again was average! Had our egg on bread and were ready to go! We got on the bus and first of all had 30mins to wander in Fethiye. It wasn’t enough really cos there were some good shops and we didn’t get much of a chance to look around but ben did buy some jean shorts so he was stoked about that! And the owner of the shop said that in a year if the isn’t happy with them he can come back and change them all the way from Edinburgh! Haha!

We got to Dalyan about an hour and a half later which was pretty good. We arrived and got put on our own lil boat for the 8 of us. It was really cute. Shortest boat trip ever. In about 5 mins we had crossed to the other side and reached the mud baths. It was quite a sight! We left all our cameras with our guide and showered and hopped into the mud bath. It wasn’t as good as yesterday cos the mud didn’t stick as much and it was right down the bottom of the pool so we had to collect clumps and hop out of the pool and lather it all over ourselves. So that we did. We all had pics and started cracking as the mud dried. It was very weird but apparently it was meant to make us feel smooth and youthful! J So we showered and got rid of all the mud eventually and actually all felt quite smooth! Then headed into the thermal springs to soak! It was pretty hot in and out of the pool so we were all steaming so didn’t last very long! We towelled off and headed off back in the direction of our lil boat. Once we hopped on it we went across to a lil restaurant across the way which actually wasn’t that lil at all. It was filled with other tour groups including massive asian groups! We had the bets lunch!! As much salad as we wanted with yummy taziki and then grilled trout! It was soooo good! So we were all very satisfied after may not so good meals!

After being so full with yummy fish we got back on the boat and got comfortable cos we had about an hour on the boat to get to Turtle beach. On the way we saw the kings tombs engraved into the hills which was pretty amazing! And apparently what Dalyan is known for. It was all over postcards! We then were about 10mins from turtle beach and came across boats that were feeding the tutles (well just dragging them to the surface for us to take pics) with fresh crabs! We got some good pics of a massive turtle but only saw one which was a lil disappointing! We had the option of buying some fresh crab for 10lira on the way back so Alana and ben decided to order some now for the way back. Im not the hugest crab fan so gave it a miss. When we got to turtle beach it was alost unbearably hot! We saw a sig earlier today that said it was 43deg again! So hot so we decided to all head straight to the water and spent the hour and a half all in the water pretty much! The water was so so warm it was crazy! It was the Mediterranean sea compared to yesterdays Aegean sea and was totally different! There was all these sections in the sand roped off where turtles were nesting so we had to stay away from them. We got told there was no turtles in the water where we could swim but im sure I stood on one and then kicked it by accident! But naturally no one believed me! After an hour and a half in the sun it was def icecream o’clock so we loaded up on some yummy magnums which melted very quickly!

We got on the boat for another hour and ben and Alana enjoyed their crab on the way! We then got off where we started and had an hour and a half back on the bus to get to our hotel. The hotel wasn’t too bad but tiny lil tvs again so no Olympic watching for us! But we were also knackered so it didn’t matter. However, we had organised a night out tonight meeting up with the others who had been on the boat so we showered, changed and drove down to the marina which was beautiful but im sure there was a sale on neon lights and everyone stocked up cos OMG it was bright and flashy!! We had a few drinks at a place called the aquarium and caught up with what the guys on the boat had been up to – a whole lot of nothing other than sunbathing and jumping off the boat swimming! Sounds bliss! Then we headed to a club. My goodness it was neony, foamy and so so loud!! We yelled at each other for a while and then gave up and decided to embrace it for a bit and get our dance on to the crazy music that none of us knew, till spice girls came pumping out at one point! Can’t say i’d go back there to that particular club, but we all had fun. We got back about 2.30am and have to be up at 8 tomo am so bedtime for us! Another great day though!


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb