Cesme as a rising star in Turkish Tourism


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Cesme
February 3rd 2007
Published: February 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Cesme in the Aegean Region of Turkey: An Emerging Beauty for Turkish TourismTourism in Turkey has so far mainly been based on the mass-tourism with the resort towns along the Mediterranean ( Alanya, Side, Antalya, Kemer, Fethiye) and Aegean Coasts ( Marmaris, Bodrum, Didim, Kusadasi and Cesme). Mass tourism has meant for Turkey increasing number of tourists to Turkey but also decreased revenues per tourist due to such arrangements as “all inclusive hotel packages”. One place in Turkey which has not utilized the economical potentials of the mass tourism is Cesme and we may say fortunately. Cesme has been little affected by the requirements of mass tourism and fortunately it has protected itself as a sleeping, litt touched beauty. Now we believe that it is time for Cesme to emerge as a quality touristic resort, which will sell for a good price. Cesme has a number of long sand beaches which make it an ideal place for the lovers of swimming. It is cooler in the summer time thanks to the cooling breeze unique for Cesme. Cesme is rich of hot thermal water sources. Cesme is planned as a quality thermal spa center. The government of Turkey started a process whereby big areas in Cesme will be allotted for such touristic investments as spa hotels, treatment centers and golf courses. All these will make Cesme a leading tourism center in Turkey. In this context, I must mention that Norwegian authorities are planning to found small towns for their elderly and retired people in Cesme. For this purpose a company named Norwegian Life Center was founded. Financed by the funds from Norway, this company makes the projects to found towns or, clearer to say, colonies of houses, mainly for the Norwegian retirees. Due to the press cover and news about these plans, there is an excitement amongst the local people in Cesme and Izmir area, hoping that thousands of norwegians will get settled in Cesme. Though the turkish papers mentioned hundred thousand norwegians to Cesme, I believe that this is simply a big exeggeration. Anyhow, the projects mentioned above points to the admirable place Cesme will have in Turkish tourism. Finally, I can also mention the project called Cesme Wellness Town , which a group of investors have been working on for the last 4-5 years. Cesme Wellness Town with congress centers, hotels, treatment centers and golf courses in Cesme will hopefully be realized.



This news was released by Sinan Tortum- Tour guide and Real Estate Agent in TurkeyMail : stortum@yahoo.noCell : +90.533.7246365




COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0804s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb