Brian Rowbotham back with a web page about Izmir


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Izmir
February 3rd 2007
Published: February 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Brian Rowbotham Comes back with a New WebsiteBrian Rowbotham, born in 1941 in Manchester, England, was educated as an English and Geography teacher with a Master’s degree in Education. He loves travelling and has been to many countries abroad, amongst others India, Thailand Mexicao and most of Europe. He was in Turkey for the first time in 1960, and has since travelled widely in his adopted land. His love for Turkey brought him to Samsun where he worked as English teacher at Ozel Samsun Lisesi, held a conference for the Governor and Museum on The Amazons, and co-published 4 widely used Milli Egitim approved books. He has held solo Art Exhibitions in Milas, Samsun, Ankara, Izmir and Istambul. He has an extensive assemblage of finished acrylic works and computer graphics. He ended up moving to Izmir , where he was an English teacher at St.Joseph’s High School. After retirement, the only accepatable future for him was to get settled in Izmir and he has dedicated himself to promoting our city and Province world wide. He strongly believes in the unbelievably high potential of Izmir, which he believes most Izmirites should pay attention to. Situated at a terminus of the Silk Roads in Turkey/ Anatolia, The Cradle of Civilisations, Izmir means for him Amazons, St.Polycarp, Homeros, Herodotus and all the natural beauties and historical sites around. He has recognized that 4 facts about Izmir will gain most attention on the world scene: 1. Turkey’s tolerant Secular-Islamic care and protection of the Christian and earlier Matriarchal shrines, 2. Turkey’s care of its Green Heritage, 3. The little known fact that all Ancient Egypt-linked Maps and Measure (used still by USA) focused on our Bay! 4. Women’s Rights. Brian is a multi-sided person. He is the Cultural Secretary of Turkish-Norwegian Friendship House in Izmir and advisor to some professors and institutions. He lectures to US University visitors. Brian’s paintings and graphics reflect Turky’s Central Asian Origins. They also reflect the place of Women seen from a historical perspective, related to Smyrna, to the gender politics of Agamemnon, to mythology and to nature. His current graphics, entitled “Izmir’s da Vinci Code”, were recently exhibited at Economy University. They are the basis for a book, and a research/ adventure/ tourism project, designed to open up Izmir and its surroundings to the world. In his new new website www.izmir4u.com, you can find all the concise information about Izmir and its environs.



This news was released by Sinan Tortum- Tour guide and Real Estate Agent in TurkeyMail : stortum@yahoo.noCell : +90.533.7246365



COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0903s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb