22. Syria dominates U.N. Security Council meeting [Arab Spring -Syria]


Advertisement
Syria's flag
Middle East » Syria
March 13th 2012
Published: March 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Women and children were killed by being stabbed or burned to death on Sunday in Homs, Syria. Because the problem is getting worse and worse, United States and Britain wants immediate action to stop the violence in Syria, but Russia does not want to get involved in the situation and just wants a peaceful compromise. Russia does not want to repeat history again like what happened in Libya with the NATO involvement last year. The Russian representative believes the blame is on "members of al Qaeda and the Free Syrian Army" for starting the violence. Reports from Syrian in refugee camp in Turkey say that they want the international community to help them.

- How does your current event relate to topics or ideas that we have discussed in world history. Explain fully

The violence in Syria relates to what we have discussed in world history because the human revolt against its government to fight for freedom.

- Is there evidence of cause and effect in your article? How so?

Yes. There are many causes and leading into one major effect.

Cause:System of government, Arab Spring Movement in other countries, Dictatorship, Human Rights

Effect: Violence accoss Syria

- What powerful questions does your article make you ask? What information do you need to answer these questions?

- Since China and Russia (allies with the Syrian government) vetoed to take action during the UN meeting, how else would the international community help people in Syria? Or will they change their minds to help?





http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/12/world/meast/syria-unrest/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb