Into the desert


Advertisement
Qatar's flag
Middle East » Qatar » Doha
October 27th 2009
Published: October 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

CamelsCamelsCamels

At Sealine where we stopped to let air out of the tyres
The morning started with packing up the car with all the supplies required for the day before we headed out with the 6 other cars for our day in the desert at the Inland Sea. At a place called Sea Line we all hopped out while everyone took a bit of air out of the tyres for our drive out onto the sand.

A lot of the trip out to the Inland Sea is a bit like being on a normal road but when you take a bit of a detour off the beaten track you're in the middle of the dunes and the sand is all around you. The group split up at that stage....those who wanted to thrash their 4wd's and the wusses who stuck to the easy track....we took the dunes and Justin revved the car through the sand and down the dunes. It was lots of fun and Josh and Oli loved it....Harrison wasn't so sure and went a little white in the face. We had a few mishaps with one of the cars as the 4wd was playing up and we rounded a corner at one stage to find one of the other cars was stuck in the sand but after a bit of pushing it was off again. After what seemed like a long time we arrived at the water and could see across to Saudi Arabia on the other side of the water....nothing much to see....just lots of rocks.

We set up our camp beside the water and quickly jumped into the water as it was stinking hot.....it was gorgeous. There were a tribe of kids with us and they seemed to have a fantastic time rolling down the sand dunes into the water, building sand castles beside the water and trying to toast marshmallows on the bbq.

It gets dark pretty early here so we packed up and loaded up the cars again in an attempt to get off the desert before dark and after queueing for what seemed like ages to get our tyres pumped back up again we were back on the road......and made it back home tired after a lovely day in the sun.

Since then I've been chilling out at the compound, swimming etc. Trudi had Sunday off work so we had a pamper session together at the nail salon which was fabulous and last night we went out for a final wander around the mall and a lovely meal.

I'm off to Dubai today for a few days before I fly to Thailand.....it's been lovely staying here with the Storms but I'm looking forward to getting back on the road again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Beach BabesBeach Babes
Beach Babes

Otherwise known as Clare and Trudi taking it easy...for 5 minutes


27th October 2009

Holidays.
Hey Hotty, Sounds like you are still having a great time. The photos again are fantastic. I may not reply for some time as I am going on leave for the next three weeks but will send something as soon as I return at the end of Novemeber. All good here in little old Adelaide with some fantastic weather now upon us expecting a lovely 28 degrees today. Enjoy the remaider of the adventure and I will talk to you soon. TB xxx

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb