Oman Holiday


Advertisement
Oman's flag
Middle East » Oman » Muscat
February 1st 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Our hutOur hutOur hut

Nizwa, no 22! Right on the beach
Day 1:

Wayne picked my mummy and I up and drove us to the airport. It was very kind of him. We checked in very quickly and made our way through the maze of security at Heathrow. As we arrived with loads of time to spear we had lot of time to mooch around the shops at duty free and had a Panini and some juice before we needed to move to the gate.

We flew over with Gulf Air. The plane left at about 8.30pm, I watched ‘Chicken Little’ on the plane ate some food and then slept (I had 3 seats so was more comfi than I could have been). The journey was 7hrs, which is very long when you are already very tired. We had a small breakfast before landing.

We arrived at the airport at 7.30am. It was hot already, and I felt very rough! Our pick up was waiting for us, and so we headed to the Omani Dive Centre. We arrived to be told our room wouldn’t be ready til 2pm. I decided to change in the changing room into swim suit and after a quick walk on our beach jumped in the very cold pool. We had some fresh orange juice and then had a long nap in the sun on the beach. I woke up to a starving mother who demanded we get some lunch. We had seafood platter and salad which was perfect. After a quick chat and check in at the dive centre our room was ready. We unpacked and rested before heading to town for the Omani Festival.

We looked at lots of different Arabian stalls and displays, then wanted to leave but had about 3hrs before our cab returned! We snoozed lots, ate some food and then decided to walk around again. We were about to collapse so stopped at some chairs - timed perfectly at 8.30pm and the fireworks went off! They were really good, worth the wait even if we did both fall asleep lots! We went to where our cab arranged to meet us, arriving at 9.30pm (half an hour early) and were most pleased to see him and go back to our resort and collapsed in a heap in our hut for a well needed rest.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

At the festivalAt the festival
At the festival

Just about awake still!


Tot: 0.338s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 17; qc: 90; dbt: 0.1251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb