First day diving


Advertisement
Oman's flag
Middle East » Oman » Muscat
February 2nd 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 2:

I woke with a start having been poked by my mummy (who surprise, surprise was starving again) she was gagging for a cuppa so went for tea whist I dressed. I was very very sleepy still and felt a bit home sick as forgot were I was at first. I opened the door and walked along the beach to breakfast having pancakes and fruit soon helped revive me.

We headed out to the old market and did lots of shopping and haggling (the Omani Rial is more expensive than the pound!), at curry with chippatis (yum yum) and then wondered back through the streets to our taxi.

We rested, then went to the dive centre and sorted our stuff out. We headed out for a lovely first dive, nice and shallow to start with max depth 20m the viz was about 10m. There was lots of colourful corals and fish. We saw a honeycomb moray, some small white moray eels, puffer fish, triggerfish, clown fish and lots more. The highlight of the dive was the weird soft corals at 20m which were very pretty and gave a great atmosphere. Beaten by the two turtles we saw on the way back to the boat! Fantastic. It was a great start to our dives.

We had wished to do a night dive, but there were not enough people for the boat to go out, and I think we needed the well deserved rest! Chocolates and crisps with drinks on our veranda with the sea to our left! Perfect.

Dinner was freshly cooked sea food pasta which was scrummy, we headed to our room after that for sleep.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 84; dbt: 0.1056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb