Last days in the Middle East


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan
July 18th 2008
Published: July 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The day after the wedding, we checked out of the hotel around noon, and we all very tired and hungover, so we went to Books@Cafe for lunch/afternoon tea and sat there eating and resting for a while, before heading back to Hotel Liwan for a long long sleep! We were supposed to go out with Chris' friend Fadi that night, but we didn't hear back from him, so we just had dinner with John, Colleen and Eimear at Grenadier's, then went back to bed because we were all still tired and lazy.

The next day we went to the Dead Sea for the day. This was SO exciting!! We got day pass thingo's at the Movenpick where we could use there beach/pool area and everything, so that was VERY cool, the place is MASSIVE!! So we went for a dip in the Dead Sea, and wow it is the WEIRDEST feeling I have ever experienced. You're body can't sink below your shoulders so we were just sitting there, and lying on the top of the ocean. So hard to explain, but such an amazing and bizarre feeling. A few times I had to struggle to sit up because my legs kept floating!! And so very salty, we licked our fingers and it was 10 times worse than eating straight salt!! There was also some mud there that we soaked ourselves in mud and then rinsed it off in the sea, then we rinsed off in fresh water showers and decided to head up to the pool area to have something to eat before I had to go to the airport. We had a few drinks and some yummy lunch, then Chris and Shona dropped me off at Amman airport for my flight out.

I landed in Abu Dhabi and spent a long 13 hours at the airport where I started writing this blog finally! And then I headed off to Singapore............


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb